What are Cookies?
- Cookies are small pieces of data (in text file format) that are set by website servers and stored on your browser or device. You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- By using cookies we are able to identify what you have done on our websites. We may use this information to improve your experience when visiting our websites, for example by assisting you in navigating around our websites, enabling a function to ‘remember your username’, or placing your preferred products in an easy to locate place.
Use of other technologies
- Cookies are not the only way to recognise or track visitors to a website. We may use other similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons and pixels (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has visited our websites or opened an email that we have sent to them. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our websites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you our visiting our websites from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to improve site performance and to measure the success of email marketing campaigns. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
Enabling our websites to function – Strictly necessary cookies
- Some cookies are essential in order for our websites to function. These cookies facilitate your movement around our websites, remember user preferences and enable you to log into secure areas such as your account. They also assist us in identifying your device and location and presenting you with a compatible version of our websites.
- Without these cookies, we cannot ensure that your navigation of our websites will be smooth, nor can we ensure you will remain logged in to your account during your visit or that products will stream smoothly. We will also be unable to remember choices you make such as your bets, region, or preferred games.
- If you disable these cookies you will not be able to make full use of our website or services that are dependent on the use of these cookies.
Prevention of fraud, anti-money laundering or identifying misuse
- Without these cookies, our ability to recognise behaviour that is indicative of fraud, money laundering or other illegal activities, or breaches of our terms and conditions will be restricted.
- It will not be possible for you to disable these cookies and continue to use our gambling facilities as we will be unable to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations if you do so.
To analyse performance
Marketing and behavioural advertising
- Without these cookies we will be unable to personalise your experience with us or the advertisements that you see on our websites or those of third parties in line with your preferences and choices.
- You can opt-out from Google Analytics cookies by clicking here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- You can find out more about how to opt-out from Google Advertising cookies by clicking here:
- If you would like to find out more about online behavioural advertising and your choices please visit:
- Network Advertising Initiative – www.networkadvertising.org
- Your Online Choices – www.youronlinechoices.com
Other functional cookies
- We use the Adobe Flash Player to deliver game content through our websites. Such use requires the use of Flash Cookies which provide features such as remembering preferences and game settings. Flash Cookies are stored on your device in the same way that cookies are, however when you delete your cookies via your browser Flash Cookies are unlikely to be affected. Our websites may still recognise some of your preferences if a Flash Cookie was used to save them initially.
- We may also use other third party cookies to ensure the functionality of other third party software or services we provide on our websites. Without these cookies you are likely to experience difficulties with functionality.
Cookie technology and emails
- We use web beacons, pixels and gifs in some of our marketing emails. This technology helps us to understand a little bit about how you interact with our marketing emails, and are used to improve our future email communications and campaigns.
- Beacons, pixels and gifs are tiny, invisible images placed within an email message that let us know whether you have opened an email, how often you have opened it, how you interacted with the email (such as the time you spent reading the email or whether you clicked on an advertisement displayed within it), which email software and web browser you used, which device you used and your IP address. They can also be used to help us display emails in the best format for your device.
- If you do not wish to accept this technology within our emails, you can close the email before downloading any images or clicking on any links or in some cases by disabling images and viewing the email in plain text only rather than HTML. You may also wish to adjust your browser and device settings to control cookie and image settings. In some instances, depending on your email or browser settings, cookies in an email may be automatically accepted (for example, when you've added an email address to your address book or safe senders list). Please refer to your email browser or device instructions for more information on this.
How to control and delete cookies
- Should you wish to control what cookies we use, you can do so by accessing your cookie / privacy settings within your browser or device. You can find out more information about how best to do this by visiting www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information about how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find information here about how to delete your cookies.
- Your mobile devices most likely also provide advertising identifiers. These identifiers are controlled by the device itself. Mobile phones use different operating systems so it isn’t possible for us to be specific as to how you can control your privacy settings. However, we would suggest that you look for ‘Ads’, ‘Advertising’ or ‘Privacy’ within your device settings or refer to any guidance available in your device’s user manual.
- Even if you have not opted-in to the receipt of direct marketing from us you may receive targeted banner advertisements. Should you wish to stop these advertisements it is essential that you amend your cookie settings.